It’s that time of the year again to start planning for those family road trips. Here are some helpful safety tips that your family at Statewide Insurance Agency would like to share with you before you hit the open road #safetyfirst.
- Make sure that your vehicle is operating at full capacity. Check your brakes, fluids, hoses, oil, tires, and battery to be sure that you won’t have any kind of auto problems once you’re on the road.
- Prepare an Emergency Kit. Be sure to have batteries, phone chargers, flares, jumper cables, flashlights, a first-aid kit, extra blankets, and bottles of water on hand.
- Double-Check your route. Map your route, know your directions, and feel confident with where you’re going. Also, be sure to print out a hard copy of your directions just in case your cell phone or GPS runs out of batteries.
- Be mindful of your pit stops. If you’re travelling alone or at night, be sure to pick a well-lit and high traffic restroom or gas station stop. If you have children traveling with you, remind them not to talk to strangers and accompany them at all times.
- Keep your gas tank full. To avoid running out of gas or unplanned stops, don’t let your gas tank get below ¼ of a tank.
It is always best to stay safe by planning ahead of time, especially with the Oklahoma weather. Please give us a call if you need to update your Auto or Home Policy. #okstatewide
Stay warm and safe!