Update: November 15, 2019
Keep in mind that no one company is the best for all consumers and that is why we represent multiple name brand insurance companies. HOWEVER, with that said, I will also tell you that Progressive Insurance is dominating new business sales for Oklahoma homeowners insurance and Oklahoma car insurance. They are the best solution for about 65% of our new policies. Furthermore, they are strong in car insurance as well as home insurance. Progressive is also very conservative in their underwriting which gives us confidence that they will be competitive provider long term for preferred customers. 10 years ago, many consumers saw Progressive as a “high risk” company….that has changed in the last 5 to 10 years and they are focused on the preferred home and car insurance markets in Oklahoma and across the U.S.
The Oklahoma homeowners insurance market continues to change in Oklahoma so I’m going to revise my ranking of companies….
- Progressive Insurance: They still offer an excellent value and are a good long term choice for many consumers.
- Travelers Insurance: Conservative underwriting practices has resulted in fewer rate increases relative to their competition….stable and committed to Oklahoma.
- Allstate Insurance: They have aggressive growth strategies in Oklahoma and so their pricing is good in some areas for some consumers…I’m not sure about their rate stability.
- State Farm Insurance: They offer excellent service and good long term value for some consumers. Their pricing varies quite a bit but they are worthy of consideration.
- Safeco Insurance ( a Liberty Mutual Company): They offer excellent claim service and they are very friendly to do business with. Some of their pricing on new policies is a challenge; however, Safeco’s car insurance is sometimes tough to beat. As a result, auto and home bundles can still be very competitive with Safeco Insurance.
Oklahoma home insurance rates increased roughly 30% during a 5 year period ending in 2017 despite the fact that our weather was pretty good in 2014 – 2017.
These increases have Oklahoma homeowners scrambling to find quality home insurance with stable companies without the high cost that many insurers are still trying to charge.
In our opinion, the following 5 companies offer the greatest home insurance value in Oklahoma and, in our opinion, these companies will have the best chance of saving Oklahoma consumers money as you seek quotes for your homeowners insurance needs. All 5 of these companies offer outstanding coverage, excellent claims service, they usually have a lower cost than competitors and they offer good rates on car and home insurance bundles.
1. Progressive Insurance
2. Safeco Insurance ( a Liberty Mutual Company)
3. Travelers Insurance
4. State Farm Insurance
5. Allstate Insurance
Statewide Insurance Agency represents Progressive, Safeco and Travelers Insurance but not State Farm or Allstate.